COVID-19 Customer Posting
Phase 3 Step 1 – August 17, 2020
Dear Danvers Indoor Sports Customers:
Per Governor Baker’s announcement, Phase III begins on Monday, July 6. Please see below for Danvers Indoor Sports control plan information.
- all customers must remain at least six feet apart from others for the greatest extent possible.
- customers are asked to not enter any DIS offices. Guidelines of how to receive customer service are posted on our office doors.
Mask and Hygiene
Players must have masks with them at all times. They are allowed to take them off on the field when they are out of proximity to other players (when social distancing is possible). Instances in which they can remove facial covering include:
- long runs down the field
- for plays without close contact
- in the net as a goalkeeper
They can also remove the facial covering during high intensity aerobic or anaerobic activities. Coaches and Officials must wear facial coverings at all times when social distancing is not possible. Players must wear facial coverings at all times on the sidelines when social distancing is not possible.
Players, Coaches, and Officials are required to wear masks at all times while they are off of the field (e.g. DIS common areas, parking lot, restrooms)
Players, Coaches, and Officials must use hand sanitizer or wash hands prior to entering the field, and exiting the field. Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance and exit. Hand washing can take place in the restrooms.
Facility Control Plan
- Please review our facility entrance, and exit plan. We ask all customers use designated parking lots, entrances, and exits determined by which playing surface you will be using. Please view the document for a visual map of our entrances, exits, and parking lots as they relate to playing surfaces.
- Cash and check payments are not allowed at this time; online/over the phone payments only please.
- No more than 25 participants are allowed in any one group. Playing surfaces may accommodate multiple group of no more than 25 participants as long as group are at least separated by twenty feet.
- Please review STANDARDS FOR SPORTS & RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES IN PHASE III, Step 1 Page 3 for sports and recreation activities risk level and type of play. Scrimmages, organized games and tournaments are not allowed for high risk contact sports in Phase III and activities must be limited to no-contact drills and training exercises.
For more information and list of sports, please visit WORKPLACE SAFETY and REOPENING STANDARDS FOR BUSINESSES and OTHER ENTITIES PROVIDING YOUTH and ADULT AMATEUR SPORTS ACTIVITIES – Phase III, Step 1.